Are you looking for a meaningful way to contribute to your community? Are you passionate about seniors, people with disabilities, or affordable housing? We are seeking committed and creative volunteers to join the Board of Directors at several of our properties.
About RCAP Solutions
Established in 1969, RCAP Solutions has been empowering communities of all sizes with a wide range of technical and supportive services for over 50 years. Our mission is to foster personal and public self-reliance and improve the quality of life for individuals, families and the communities in which they live.
We manage 11 affordable apartment complexes for seniors, families, the mobility impaired, and individuals with disabilities. We have 386 private units in Athol, Bolton, Boylston, Groton, Hubbardston, Northbridge, Townsend, Webster, and Worcester. Click here for more information.
Board Member Volunteer Information
- Fix and elect number of Directors (annually)
- Elect Officers (annually)
- Approve prior year’s meeting minutes (annually)
- Receive and accept President’s, Treasurer’s, and Management Agent’s Reports (annually)
- Receive and consent action’s without a meeting (when required throughout the year)
- The Board of Directors meets annually on date/time stated in the bylaws. Meetings typically last 30-60 minutes.
- Meetings may be in person or virtual.
- Board members are asked to commit to attending the annual meeting.
- Attend and participate in annual meetings and special events as able.
- Be accessible via email for occasional discussion, input, and votes.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote the mission and programs to the community.
RCAP Solutions is currently seeking board members at several of our properties:
HOUSING FOR ROCKDALE ELDERS, INC.
Rockdale House Apartments – Senior/Disabled Housing
63 School Street, Northbridge, MA
One (1) vacant seat
Meeting Date: 1st Wednesday in April
TOWNSEND ELDERLY RESIDENCES, INC.
Atwood Acres – Senior/Disabled Housing
66 Dudley Road, Townsend, MA
Three (3) vacant seats (must be from Townsend)
Meeting Date: 2nd Wednesday in April
ATWOOD ELDER HOUSING, INC.
Townsend Woods – Senior Housing
70 Dudley Road, Townsend, MA
Two (2) vacant seats (not already on Atwood Acres’ board)
Meeting Date: Last Thursday in September
GROTON AFFORDABLE HOUSING, INC.
Groton Commons – Senior/Disabled Housing
74 Willowdale Road, Groton, MA
One (1) vacant seat
Meeting Date: 2nd Thursday in September
If interested in joining one of our properties’ Board of Directors, please contact:
Deputy Director of Property Management