Community Facilities Program

Helping rural communities leverage funding for essential public facility projects.

Does your community need funding for vehicles, equipment, or new public facilities?

RCAP Solutions is here to help! We’re proud to offer no-cost technical assistance to the smallest and most under-resourced rural communities in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Vermont in pursuing grants and loans from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Community Facilities Program!

What is the Community Facilities Program?

Community Facilities (CF) is a flexible funding program from USDA’s Office of Rural Development. The program provides grants and low-interest loans to communities with a population of under 20,000 residents for the purchase, construction, or improvement of essential community facilities.

Grant funds are provided on a graduated scale with smaller communities with the lowest median household income being eligible for projects with a higher proportion of grant funds. If your rural community needs funding for any of the following (but not limited to) projects, then this program may be for you!

  • Public Safety Services
  • Fire departments, police stations, prisons, emergency response vehicles, or public works vehicles/equipment

  • Utility Services
  • Telemedicine or distance learning equipment

  • Healthcare Facilities
  • Hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities

  • Public Facilities
  • Town halls, courthouses, airport hangars, or street improvements

  • Community Support Services
  • Childcare centers, community centers, fairgrounds, or transitional housing

  • Budget Development
  • Museums, libraries, or public schools

  • Educational Services
  • Community gardens, food pantries, community kitchens, food banks, food hubs, or greenhouses

How can RCAP Solutions help?

We’re here to aid small and underserved communities in the region so that they can access CF funds. Our team can assist your community through:

  • Pre-Development Planning
  • Budget Development
  • Application Assistance
  • Public Planning Meetings

This work is made possible because of the generous support from USDA Rural Development

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online here and at any USDA office. Or, write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  • Fax: (833) 256-1665 | (202) 690-7442
  • Email:

Have questions? Looking for assistance?

If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about these services, please contact Madison Wellman via email: or phone: (774) 239-9783