Specialized Services


RCAP Solutions can assist individuals and families with specialized services which includes; assistance with applying for emergency funding, gaining access to mental health and substance abuse centers, and obtaining public benefits and legal help. This intensive, personalized case management is pivotal in engaging households and stabilizing them in their communities.

What kinds of services are provided?

Individuals and families are matched with a case manager to provide specialized services and referrals. This can include:

  • Assistance applying for financial assistance
  • Assistance applying for subsidized housing programs
  • Referrals to mediation centers (resolving landlord/tenant disputes before they go to court)
  • Referrals to free legal services (if a landlord/tenant dispute goes to court)
  • Referrals to emergency shelters
  • Referrals to mental health facilities and substance use centers
  • Referrals to public benefits/supportive programs, such as:
    • SNAP (food stamps)
    • WIC (nutrition program for women and children)
    • Fuel assistance
    • And more…

Additional RCAP Solutions Housing Resources

Financial Assistance Programs: To help pay your rent.

Subsidized Housing Programs: Get on the waiting list for a rental voucher. In addition, there are supportive programs available to current voucher holders.

Senior & Disabled Programs: Services which can assist our aging population and those who are disabled.

Housing Search: Find affordable rentals throughout Central Massachusetts.

HomeBASE: Assists families who are facing homelessness to find alternative solutions to entering shelter and/or motels.

Additional Resources throughout Central Massachusetts

Community Healthlink: Mental illness, substance use, and homelessness recovery services.

Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA): Direct economic assistance (cash benefits), food assistance (SNAP benefits), and workforce training opportunities.

Eviction Legal Help: Free legal help to low-income tenants who are facing eviction.

Find Emergency Family Shelter: If you are in need of Massachusetts shelter services.

Fuel Assistance: Get help paying for heating your house or apartment.

MA Attorney General’s Office: Consumer Advocacy & Response Division

Resolution Massachusetts (Housing Mediation): Mediaton Centers can help tenants and landlords resolve disputes and find flexible solutions that work for everyone.

SNAP benefits (formerly food stamps): Provides a monthly benefit to buy nutritious foods.

Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program: Keeps pregnant and breastfeeding women and kids under 5 healthy.

Contact Us

If you need assistance or would like to learn more about these services, please contact:



Click here to return to the full list of Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) programs.