Invest in Yourself and Your Family!
The Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS) is a 5-year program that provides supportive counseling, financial education, and credit success workshops to Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher holders and Project-Based Voucher recipients. FSS participants will work one-on-one with their case manager to develop an action plan to achieve their goals – whether it be to secure employment, further education, purchase a home, or start a business.
FSS program participants will receive a financial incentive of an escrow account in their name that they will have access to after graduating the program. The maximum funds a participant can receive is $25,000.
- Must be an RCAP Solutions' Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher holder or Project-Based Voucher recipient
- Be ready, willing, and able to try new and exciting things
Throughout the program, if any of your rent calculations reflect an increase due to higher wages, money is deposited in an interest earning savings account. Upon graduation, participants receive a check with their earnings.
Participation is voluntary and separate from your Section 8 case with us. Participants do not lose their Section 8 voucher upon graduation.
Withdrawal or termination from the program results in the participant forfeiting funds in the escrow account but does not change their vouchers status.
Everyone's goals are different, but common goals include:
- Obtaining GED/HiSET
- Obtaining a college degree
- Obtaining suitable employment
- Financial capability: budgeting, credit repair, etc.
- Preparation for homeownership
- Starting a small business
To receive the money, the family must complete the program and meet all the terms of their contract. The head of the family must have a job, and all members of the family must be off of public cash benefits assistance for the last 12 months of the program.
RCAP Solutions provides information and referrals to supportive services within the community, such as:
- Financial capability workshops, including credit repair, personal spending plans and financial planning for future goals
- Educational opportunities, job training and employment counseling
- Child care
- Substance/alcohol abuse treatment or counseling
- Household skill training
- Homeownership counseling
FSS Savings Match Program
The FSS Savings Match Homeownership Program (SMHP) is designed for higher income earners who are interested in purchasing a home. This program can help you achieve your goal of owning a home by matching your savings.
- Financial assistance that matches household savings 3-to-1, up to $12,000 (matched savings/escrow) towards a down payment
- Workshops and trainings to prepare you for homeownership
- Learn about ONE Mortgage, a high-quality, 30-year fixed rate mortgage option with no private mortgage insurance required
- $5,000 homeownership bonus in a post-purchase reserve account
Contact Us to Begin Planning Your Financial Future!