Under the guidance and direction of the Director of Rental Assistance, the RA Data Systems Manager is responsible for oversight of all data management systems and software related to the administration of rental assistance programs. These functions include but are not limited to: maintaining landlord and tenant database, extract and analyze data, and report leasing activities and expenditures. They will ensure compliance with funders expectation on software related issues and support and train staff on new policies and procedures, as necessary. The Data Systems Manager will assist in the development and implementation of training material, work processes and systems to ensure continued understanding and compliance with program rules and regulations and contribute to the achievement of the organization’s mission, strategic and business objectives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for initiating and support changes in software development for all rental assistance programs as prescribed by funding source and RCAP internal systems.
- Remain current and in trend with all software regulations, processes, reporting and quality assurance.
- Responsible for managing tenant and landlord database to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain and manage owner module to ensure IRS compliance and 1099 reporting.
- Communicate with owners/managers by phone, email, or mail to correct any payment inquires or deficiencies and make any necessary corrections.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly program leasing and expenditures reports. Work closely with the management team to make necessary corrections to ensure the accuracy of data reporting to RCAP fiscal office and funding source.
- Work closely with RA Director and Deputy Directors to create reports and track logs to support the management and administration of the program.
- Support the team with application and selection processes to ensure to meet funding sources and agency leasing goals.
- Assist staff when necessary to create and modify single and batch actions.
- Notify and train staff on software changes and workarounds.
- Responsible for training new staff on agency and funding source mandated software.
- Communicate with IT staff and external partners to support and implement programmatic changes within systems.
- Work with funding source and software provider technical support on issues related to functionality of software.
- Submit required data to PIC and perform data clean up and integration when necessary.
- As necessary, create presentations/reports that provide insight and data on program administration to be shared with internal and external partners, legislators and/or community leaders.
- Responsible for tracking portability and transfer payments/process. Assist staff assign to these cases to ensure that proper procedures and documentations is submitted to and from other housing agencies.
- Request on behalf of agency user access for EIV, MRI, DHCD calculation, Quality Control GO, Section 8 and State Wage/Match systems and maintain authorized user list.
- Work directly with IT Director to ensure that compliance and security protocol meet funding source programmatic needs.
- Responsible for initiating 1st of month check processing, reports and work closely with Director and Deputy directors to obtain explanation and approval. Work closely with finance staff to ensure accuracy and timely processing subsidy check runs.
- Attend required meetings and training, as necessary and/or as a representative of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested in support of the Rental Assistance Department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3-5 years of experience in software programming. Knowledge and experience working with a variety of software. High ability to create and analyze data and reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bi-lingual communication skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, identity needs, problem solve, provide creative solutions and collaborate with others.
- Ability to train and present materials that are understandable for internal and external staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and in team setting.
- Valid driver license
- Typical office setting in RCAP’s Worcester Headquarters. Some travel required.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Competitive Vacation and Sick time
- 14-paid holidays
- 403(b) plan RCAP Contribution and Match
- Click below to email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department.