Supporting Neighborhood Opportunity in Massachusetts (SNO Mass) aims to assist families with housing vouchers in moving to communities with high-quality schools, parks and open spaces, and other amenities that help children grow and thrive. SNO Mass provides important benefits to landlords by helping connect our eligible, pre-screened tenants with available rental properties in these desirable neighborhoods. By participating in SNO Mass, we can help landlords meet their financial goals as a property owner and provide families with a place they are proud to call home.
Program benefits for landlords include:
- Assurance of prompt payment of rent subsidy each month
- Protection from tenant financial hardships as the voucher can absorb income loss
- $500 signing bonus + additional $500 after the first year if you renew the lease with the original SNO Mass tenant, have another SNO Mass participant move in, or need to make repairs to the unit that exceed the security deposit
- Potentially higher rent subsidy than you have been offered by other housing authorities in your area
- Ready pool of pre-screened applicants who have access to financial assistance to help them settle into their new community
- Decreased vacancy rates and reduced tenant turnover and related expenses
- Single point of contact at our agency for any questions/issues that may arise
We have dedicated staff to help make the lease-up process as smooth as possible, and to reduce delays between application and move-in. We will work with tenants in advance to ensure they understand the responsibilities of maintaining their homes and lease obligations. Our staff continue to check in with families during the first two years in their new neighborhood, and property owners are also welcome to reach out at any time.
If you are a landlord who has available units, we would like to schedule a time to talk about this program with you and your property management team. Click here to see if your unit is located in a designated SNO Mass Opportunity Area and check out our SNO Mass FAQs.
We hope you will consider participating in SNO Mass, and becoming part of this important work, while at the same strengthening your bottom line.