RAFT Application Resources

RCAP Solutions serves as the regional Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) for Worcester County and administers financial assistance through the Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program. This program can provide eligible households with funding that can be used to help stay in current housing, obtain new housing, or otherwise avoid becoming homeless.

Click to expand image

Important Information for Worcester Residents:

Effective immediately, residents of the city of Worcester who apply for RAFT funding will be processed through the Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance, Inc. (CMHA). As a result, RCAP Solutions will not be able to provide application updates to any clients residing in Worcester. This includes clients who may have received application assistance from RCAP Solutions.

If you reside in Worcester and are unable to complete the online application or need other RAFT application assistance, please contact CMHA at hc@cmhaonline.org or call 508-752-5519, ext. 172. You may also visit: https://www.cmhaonline.org/raft-erma-home

If you are unsure of which agency services your community, please visit this link: https://hedfuel.azurewebsites.net/

Application Assistance:

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts now requires all renter and landlord applications and documents to be uploaded directly into their system by visiting this link: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/how-to-apply-for-raft

RCAP Solutions is no longer allowed to accept documents by email or to upload them for applicants. Renters, homeowners, and landlords must set up their accounts online using the above link.

Resources for Tenants:

If you encounter any problems while applying for RAFT funds, please download the Housing Assistance Application Reference Guide for tenants applying for housing assistance through the Massachusetts Emergency Housing Payment Assistance Portal: https://www.mass.gov/doc/tenant-portal-raft-reference-guide/download

Resources for Landlords and Property Owners:

How Landlords Can Apply for RAFT Information Page: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/how-landlords-can-apply-for-raft

Landlord and Property Manager Intro to New RAFT Application Portal Presentation: https://www.mass.gov/doc/landlord-and-property-manager-intro-to-new-raft-application-portal/download

Landlord and Property Manager Intro to New RAFT Application Portal Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8nN2fW8pA

Housing Assistance Application Reference Guide for Landlords and Property Managers receiving payments through the Massachusetts Emergency Housing Payment Assistance Portal: https://www.mass.gov/doc/landlord-portal-reference-guide/download

These documents are found on the RAFT Public Resource and Training Portal: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/raft-public-resource-and-training-portal

If you need access to a computer to apply, locate your local library here: https://libraries.state.ma.us/libraries/search

For more information about the RAFT program please visit: (includes eligibility, timeline from application to award/denial, and how to check which agency is processing your application) https://www.mass.gov/service-details/residential-assistance-for-families-in-transition-raft-program

Finally, if you are unable to access or submit an online application, please contact RCAP Solutions at 978-630-6771 or HCEC@rcapsolutions.org for assistance.