The primary role of the Property Manager is to provide quality service to our residents and our communities; effectively market and monitor the physical apartment community, its residents and meet the financial objectives of the Property Owner and Management Agent, as well as maintain all applicable outside agency standards and requirements. The Property Manager is required to be on-call after RCAP Solutions business hours and to respond to and resolve emergencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with RCAP Solutions Property Management Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit in a timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, A/P Checklist, A/R reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Ensure that all rents and tenant charges are collected, accurately posted and deposited in a timely manner. Achieve financial solvency through cost reduction and implementing systems to alleviate rent delinquencies; utilize selection and retention strategies to maintain 100% occupancy level.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are accurately submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor and operate the property within budget and purchasing guidelines.
- Monthly preparation, submission and reconciliation of the Section 8 HAP Voucher and/or other subsidy sources.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Maintain property occupancy by effectively marketing the community, screening applicants and retaining residents.
- Inspect apartments for move-in condition (pre-inspections) unit turnovers and annual unit inspections in conjunction with the Maintenance Technician.
- Understand and comply with policies and laws affecting the marketing and leasing of the property, including HUD, Fair Housing laws, and other applicable laws.
- Establish and maintain regular daily office hours as approved by the Director of Property Management.
- Keep office clean and organized. Maintain a professional and business-like attitude with residents at all times. Discourage residents from loitering in the office.
- Ensure all leases and corresponding paperwork is completed and entered in the software system accurately and in a timely basis.
- Ensure property’s filing system is 100% in compliance and maintained including resident, applicant, accounting, vendor and contract files.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, etc.).
- Responsible for promptly handling, investigating and resolving resident complaints and grievances; enforcing rules of occupancy; and informing Director of Property Management of issues that arise.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and RCAP Solutions guidelines.
- Ensure HUD eligibility, annual recertifications and leasing activities are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with all HUD Section 8 and/or LIHTC programs, rules and regulations; all local law; submission of all reports in a timely basis.
- Maintain Property Management Software database.
- Participate in training seminars as requested including required training – Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) designation within 12 months of hire.
- Work with the sites Resident Service Coordinator for implementation of resident services.
- Work as part of the Property Management Team alongside the site’s Resident Service Coordinator and Maintenance Technician.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Attend scheduled property management meetings.
- Assist other properties, as necessary.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as directed by the Director of Property Management.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests in a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and report all safety hazards, property damage, and needed repairs to maintenance technician. Coordinate with maintenance for any work to be scheduled.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs and work orders are entered into the Property Management software.
- Meet with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that unit turnovers, preventive maintenance, and resident work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Assure quality of make-ready apartments.
- Work in conjunction with maintenance staff; ensure the interior & exterior of the sites are maintained and curb appeal is excellent.
- Ensure that all work orders are entered into the software and communicated appropriately to maintenance technician.
- Report all liability and community incidents to the Director of Property Management immediately.
- Create a safe, supportive environment for all residents and visitors.
- Maintain building security measures; ensure proper incident documentation and notification to the Director of Property Management and insurance agent.
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalent; some college beneficial
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the field of affordable property management, including experience with Project-based Section 8 and/or Rural Development 515
- Familiar with EIV and Affordable Housing
- Proven resident retention experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform in a busy and changing environment with significant attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Boston Post software preferred & tenant landlord law
- Other – Ability to read, write and speak English.
Certifications or Licensures:
- Requires a valid driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel (between properties, on-call emergencies, trainings, etc.
- Must obtain professional designations(s) within one (1) year of initial employment. Designation to be determined by Director of Property Management
- Typical office environment
- Click below to email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department.