RCAP Solutions’ Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) is a state-funded program which assists families with limited income to avoid homelessness and improve their situation. The HCEC Generalist is directly accountable for providing housing search, referral and stability services to clients and walk-ins. The HCEC Generalist will be responsible for one-on-one intakes, comprehensive assessments, and on-going case management. In addition, this position is responsible for all aspects of any additional duties and assignment as delegated by supervisor.
- Provides intakes to individuals and families seeking to secure or obtain housing
- Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect information on family composition, housing history, financial wellbeing, employment history and health/disability information as it pertains to housing search
- Provides housing search assistance as determined by the needs of the client
- Coordinates referrals with community partners and state agencies as needed to fit participant needs
- Provide back up to HCEC Call Queue
- Assist clients and walk-ins in submitting complete applications to services, benefits, housing etc.
Case Management Duties:
- Manage a fluctuating caseload and maintain their physical and virtual files
- Return calls in a timely manner and provide a high level of customer support and services to individuals and walk-ins.
- Review effectiveness of services provided and adjust as necessary
- Follow up with clients on a predetermined basis to monitor progress and stability
Data Entry Assignments:
- Document services provided to each client on a regular basis and record in the respective systems.
- Ensure client demographics and contact information is accurately reported in respective systems.
- Experience in human services or case management
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Knowledge and experience with service agencies and resources for low/moderate income and/or homeless individuals and families.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, OneDrive, database systems, and online search engines
- Knowledge of public housing programs/affordable housing/Equal Housing Opportunities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Standard office environment
- Click below to email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@rcapsolutions.org