Under the guidance and direction of the Deputy Director of Inspection and Special Services, the Economic Mobility Referral Specialist is the point person between the partnership with MassHire and RCAP Solutions. This position is responsible for recruitment, referral, and support enrollment of interested Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher participants who would like to further explore education and employment opportunities to enhance their financial well-clients. The individual will communicate and coordinate efforts with staff across multiple departments to achieve program goals, track and maintain required program data and documentation of participant’s progress along with identify community resources and services, maintain relationship with community partners to ensure access to services. They will work closely with the FSS (Family Self- Sufficiency) team to identify potential participants that would benefit from enhanced case management services to further achieve financial stability and potential homeownership.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Be the point person between the partnership with MassHire and RCAP Solutions.
- Develop marketing materials and conduct focused outreach that works toward economic mobility programs goals.
- Conduct regularly scheduled webinars and informational sessions regarding economic mobility programs.
- Attend voucher briefings to provide information about economic mobility programs (FSS, MCP), and be available as needed, to meet with participants at annual and interim recertification process. Connect with Program Representatives to be invited to prospective meetings.
- Regularly mail up-to-date information about economic mobility programs (including upcoming training, resources, etc.) to prospective participants.
- Meet with prospective participants to understand their goals and potential barriers related to employment, education, etc. Determine which program(s) would be the best fit for the participant.
- Maintain a caseload of interested participant referral and assist prospective program participants with the enrollment process – registering for orientations, assisting with documentation needed.
- Promptly connect the participant directly to the appropriate Family Self Sufficiency Coordinators and/or Career Navigator staff by providing direct referral.
- Meet regularly with Program Reps, FSS and MCP staff to update status of referral, client progress toward attainment of goals and participants that have been terminated from the subsidy program.
- Follow up with participants who have expressed interest in the program but have not enrolled to determine if they have any questions or barriers that impede them to participate or move forward.
- Work closely with Career Navigator on participants that are enrolled and are unresponsive to assist with any barriers or answer any questions.
- Collect community resources and services available to help support clients overcome barriers. Maintain relationships with providers in the community that offer resources and services. Research any specific resources and services identified by participants, when necessary.
- In conjunction with program staff collect participant feedback and make suggestions on program improvements
Perform other duties as assigned and/or as required by funding source.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or associate degree with 4 years’ experience in social services. Three years of human services/social work, counselling/case management, or related field.
- Good interviewing and assessment skills, strong verbal, and written communication.
- Ability to do public speaking. Knowledge of computer systems and database functions. Able to create, organize and maintain tracking methods. Bilingual (Spanish) is a must, Valid driver’s license.
- Typical office conditions and visits to clients’ homes as needed.
- Typical office setting to include the ability to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment. Move regularly from sitting to standing position as well as frequently bend to file and maintain files. Ability to work on repetitive tasks and use fine motor skills to handle and control objects. Ability to use earpieces or headphones. Speak, listen, and understand others. Occasionally lift 10 to 15 lbs.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Competitive Vacation and Sick time
- 14-paid holidays
- 403(b) plan RCAP Contribution and Match
- Click below to email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@rcapsolutions.org