RCAP Solutions offers assistance to help families in crisis, those going off public assistance, or supportive services for those fleeing domestic violence. This may include homelessness prevention counseling, financial literacy counseling, housing assistance and other supportive services.
Programs provided include:
- Financial Assistance: RCAP Solutions administers financial assistance programs such as Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT). These programs can provide eligible households with funding that can be used to help stay in current housing, obtain new housing, or otherwise avoid becoming homeless.
- Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (VASH): The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.
- HomeBASE: A flexible financial resource that is available to families who are eligible for the state’s Emergency Assistance (EA) Program. Up to $10,000 of Household Assistance can be used to help you and your family:
- Find your own apartment
- Co-house by living with someone else and sharing household costs
- For moving expenses to another state or location in-state
- Other costs, such as child care to help with securing or maintaining employment or job training
- To apply for this program, clients must go through the Emergency Assistance eligibility process at their local Department of Transitional Assistance – click here to find the office nearest you
Questions can be directed to: HCECedu@rcapsolutions.org or call our RAFT/ERAP line at 978.630.6771, or our HCEC line at 978.630.6772. Both are staffed Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (closed 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for lunch). Staff members are available by appointment only and for paperwork drop off.