RCAP Solutions offers assistance to help families in crisis, those going off public assistance, or supportive services for those fleeing domestic violence. This may include homelessness prevention counseling, financial literacy counseling, housing assistance and other supportive services.
Programs provided include:
- The Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA): Funding for Worcester county households impacted by the Coronavirus crisis and state of emergency. The Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA) program funded by the Massachusetts Department of Housing & Community Development provides up to $4,000 of direct funding to eligible households. For more information, please click here. To apply online, please click here.
- Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT): A program funded by MA Department of Housing and Community Development that can provide eligible families in our service area with financial assistance to help prevent homelessness. ALL face to face meetings are canceled until further notice. To apply online, please click here. Residential Assistance for Families in Transition FAQ
- Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (VASH): The HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) program combines Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) rental assistance for homeless Veterans with case management and clinical services provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). VA provides these services for participating Veterans at VA medical centers (VAMCs) and community-based outreach clinics.
- Shelter Plus Care: The McKinney Shelter Plus Care Program provides rental assistance and support services to homeless individuals and families with disabilities, primarily to those with mental illness, chronic substance abuse problems and/or HIV/AIDS. Tenants pay not more than 30% of their adjusted income towards the total housing cost. Support services are provided by a network of public and private entities.
- RCAP Solutions Family Shelter: An emergency assistance scattered site domestic violence shelter program for families providing case management and rehousing support. Referrals for the program are made by Department of Housing and Community Development Homeless Coordinators.
- HomeBase: A flexible financial resource that is available to families who are eligible for the state’s Emergency Assistance (EA) Program. Up to $10,000 of Household Assistance can be used to help you and your family:
- find your own apartment
- co-house by living with someone else and sharing household costs
- for moving expenses to another state or location in-state
- other costs, such as child care to help with securing or maintaining employment or job training
- To apply for this program, clients must go through the Emergency Assistance eligibility process at their local Department of Transitional Assistance – click here to find the office nearest you
Questions can be directed to: HCEC@rcapsolutions.org or call our office at 800-488-1969 and ask to speak to one of our HCEC Housing Counselors Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (closed 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for lunch).