RCAP Solutions Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) is located in our Worcester office. HCEC is the first point of contact for all clients interested in RCAP Solutions housing counseling, programs and resources.
Our Housing Counselors can offer information about RCAP Solutions housing programs, schedule one-on-one meetings and workshops for a variety of purposes including program enrollment, referrals to community resources, etc.
HCEC Programs include:
- Financial Assistance for Renters & Homeowners: RCAP Solutions administers financial assistance programs such as Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT), Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA), and the Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). These programs are designed for renters and homeowners of all household sizes to help prevent homelessness.
- First Time Home Buyer Counseling and Education: RCAP Solutions provides individual, pre-purchase counseling to assist first-time home buyers with one-on-one preparation and workshops to purchase. We offer Certification workshops as required by HUD and CHAPA funding and other lenders for some low-interest, low down-payment mortgage products. Preparing to buy a home brings many challenges including, credit worthiness, down payment savings, knowledge about the steps in the process, etc.
- Landlord/Tenant Issues: Our Housing Counselors can direct you to information about MA tenancy laws, housing options, specialized housing, home modification’s, utility security, security deposit laws, eviction laws/rights, etc. If you have an issue related to your rights/responsibilities as either a landlord or a tenant we’re here to help.
- Post-Purchase Home Ownership Counseling: Our Housing Counselors continue to provide support to new home owners and existing home owners. The challenges of home ownership continue after the closing. Through our Counseling and workshop session, home owners will learn about mortgage sustainability, options and when to re-finance, foreclosure prevention, etc.
- Financial Empowerment: Our Housing Counselors can assist you in developing a budget that is built on your current financial picture and help you work toward your financial goals. We can demonstrate how credit can assist you in reaching your financial dreams.
- Education and Training Calendar: RCAP Solutions workshops and trainings are available to help you access information that can lead you toward accomplishing your housing goals. Click the link below to visit our current Workshop Calendar. Our Education and Training Calendar compliments our Housing Counseling Program by offering referrals to other community programs and providing information in a group setting on topics including: Financial Literacy, Understanding Credit, First-time Home buyer certification, Tenants Rights/Responsibilities, etc.
Questions can be directed to: HCEC@rcapsolutions.org, or call our RAFT/ERMA line at 978.630.6771, or our HCEC line at 978.630.6772. Both are staffed Monday through Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (closed 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for lunch).