RCAP Solutions Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) is located in our Worcester office. HCEC is the first point of contact for all clients interested in RCAP Solutions housing counseling, programs and resources.
Our Housing Counselors can offer information about RCAP Solutions housing programs, schedule one-on-one meetings and workshops for a variety of purposes including program enrollment, referrals to community resources, etc.
HCEC Programs include:
- Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT): A program funded by MA Department of Housing and Community Development that can provide eligible families in our service area with financial assistance to help prevent homelessness.
- First Time Home Buyer Counseling and Education: RCAP Solutions provides individual, pre-purchase counseling to assist first-time home buyers with one-on-one preparation and workshops to purchase. We offer Certification workshops as required by HUD and CHAPA funding and other lenders for some low-interest, low down-payment mortgage products. Preparing to buy a home brings many challenges including, credit worthiness, down payment savings, knowledge about the steps in the process, etc.
- To register for the online Homebuyer Education Course through eHome America, visit www.ehomeamerica.org/rcapsolutions Use coupon code “RCAP” for $25 off!
- Landlord/Tenant Issues: Our Housing Counselors can direct you to information about MA tenancy laws, housing options, specialized housing, home modification’s, utility security, security deposit laws, eviction laws/rights, etc. If you have an issue related to your rights/responsibilities as either a landlord or a tenant we’re here to help.
- Post-Purchase Home Ownership Counseling: Our Housing Counselors continue to provide support to new home owners and existing home owners. The challenges of home ownership continue after the closing. Through our Counseling and workshop session, home owners will learn about mortgage sustainability, options and when to re-finance, foreclosure prevention, etc.
- Financial Empowerment: Our Housing Counselors can assist you in developing a budget that is built on your current financial picture and help you work toward your financial goals. We can demonstrate how credit can assist you in reaching your financial dreams.
- Education and Training Calendar: RCAP Solutions workshops and trainings are available to help you access information that can lead you toward accomplishing your housing goals. Click the link below to visit our current Workshop Calendar. Our Education and Training Calendar compliments our Housing Counseling Program by offering referrals to other community programs and providing information in a group setting on topics including: Financial Literacy, Understanding Credit, First-time Home buyer certification, Tenants Rights/Responsibilities, etc.
- Call our office at 800-488-1969 and ask to speak to one of our HCEC Housing Counselors Monday to Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (closed 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for lunch).
Please note: All in-person classes are cancelled until further notice. In order to continue to serve our clients to the best of our ability, all one-on-one counseling and education will be available via email, phone and webinar. We are also offering multifamily education and counseling through these channels as well.