RCAP Solutions is pleased to offer new financial assistance programs for Worcester County families impacted by the recent Covid-19 pandemic and state of emergency. The Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA) program funded by the Massachusetts Department of Housing & Community Development provides up to $4,000 of direct funding to eligible households.
ERMA can help to fund payments with rent or mortgage arrears accrued no earlier than April 1, 2020 or upcoming rent or mortgage payments.
In order to be eligible for ERMA, a household must:
- currently rent or own housing as a primary residence in Massachusetts
- have a gross household income that is between the 50% and 80% Area Median Income (AMI)
- have a housing emergency due to a financial hardship related to or exacerbated by the COVID-19 crisis
Please click here for our flyer: ERMA_Flyer
Please click here for our press release: ERMA Press Release
Households can assess their eligibility by looking at the income levels for Worcester County, found here: Income limits listing.
Questions & How to Apply:
- We encourage individuals or families who think they may be eligible to apply by visiting: http://www.rcapsolutions.org/hcec-application/
- Questions can be directed to: HCEC@rcapsolutions.org or 978.630.6771, staffed Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. The office is closed from 12:00 – 1:00 PM daily.
- Applications/Documents can be emailed to HCEC@rcapsolutions.org or faxed to 508.365.6008.
Please note, the office is closed to the public at this time and visits are by appointment only.