It’s Drinking Water Week!
Did you know that RCAP Solutions works with rural communities to promote public, environmental and economic health? Through our affiliation with the Rural Community Assistance Partnership (RCAP), a national network of regional nonprofit organizations, we provide comprehensive, on-site technical assistance and training to help small, rural communities address their drinking water, wastewater, and other community development needs. We provide services in all six New England states, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Some statistics about the work our Technical Assistance Providers offered in 2016:
- Number of communities with improved public health outcomes due to RCAP Solutions projects: 151
- Total Population served: 521,778
- Low income population served: 135,239
- Leveraged funding for capital projects: $4.75 million
- Number of trainings conducted: 47
- Number of participants trained: 783
- Number of households positively impacted by RCAP Solutions training and technical assistance: 71,540
- Number of students and teachers impacted by environmental presentations and events: 700
If you have any questions about how our programs can support your communities, please contact Sarah Buck at 978.630.6658, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for additional information this week about water and the work we do in small, rural communities.
For more information, please visit our Community Resources Pages here.